Please note that this schedule is flexible and may be subject to change
Week 1: Introduction to course, teacher, and VCUarts Qatar; Introduction to composition; Introduction to sketch booking
Week 2: Observational drawing/line
Week 3: Introduction to color
Week 4: Introduction to basic value drawing
Week 5: Advanced value drawing
Week 6: Creative thinking: sketchbook and communicating ideas
Week 7: Using a camera to document ideas and your work
Week 8: Final review - preparing your portfolio
Please note: VCUQatar reserves the right to cancel classes for which not enough participants are registered. Already paid fees will be refunded.
Please do not purchase materials until VCUQatar has sent final course confirmation.
Items to buy for this class
To be bought and brought in for every class by course participants:
- Scissors (x1)
- Glue stick (x1)
- Eraser (x1)
- Pencil sharpener (x1)
- Black Pilot pen (fine liner) (x1)
- A set of colored pencils (at least 20 different colors) (x1)
- Drawing paper A2 (x1 Pad/book)
- Sketchbook A4 (x1)
- 2B / 4B / 6B pencils (1 box)
- Charcoal (x1 box)
- Kneadable eraser (x1)
Participants are also allowed to buy materials from their desired place, find below a few more suggestions.
On occasions, there may be some more materials to be bought and brought in if and when advised by the instructor.
Where to buy your materials
Most of the materials are available from any art supply shop, for example:
- Cass Art (Fire station): Community Classes students get a 15% discount upon presenting the registration ticket
- Jarir Bookstore: on Rayyan Road or Salwa Road
- Color Note: on Al Nasser Street
- Ibn Al Qayyim: at Markhiya Roundabout
- Al Rawnaq