VCU-Q is currently in search of two part-time Guest Relations Coordinators who will be the first point of contact and welcoming face of our University. These roles are pivotal in shaping the first impressions of our business and will play an important role in setting the tone for our customer experience. The working hours for these roles are structured in alternating weekly shifts, with one shift from 9 AM to 1 PM and the other from 1 PM to 5 PM.
In line with the State of Qatar hiring guidelines, applicants must hold a valid Qatar residence permit (Qatar ID) to be considered for this position. This position will include certain benefits and is subject to obtaining CEID clearance from the Ministry of Interior for employment at VCUarts Qatar. Successful candidates will be initially hired on an hourly contract and applicable benefits will be processed retroactively to the initial hire date after CEID clearance is received.
Reports to: Director of Safety and Risk Management
Department: Safety and Risk Management
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Carries out professional physical reception and welcoming services at the main entrance desk, and provides basic information to callers from the university mainline and/or connects them to the appropriate department as necessary.
- Interacts with all members of the community and the public in a pleasant, courteous, and respectful manner at all times; sets a positive, engaging tone, and operates the out-of-hours messaging systems in collaboration with IT; updates both Arabic and English messages as needed.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the university, including but not limited to organizational structure, building geography, parking procedures, security procedures, and upcoming public events calendar.
- Work closely with QF Security to ensure the main entrance space is well organized and a collaborative environment exists between security and reception for those entering the facility, and takes part in the VCUarts Qatar Fire Warden program; familiar with building evacuation procedures should an emergency arise at the main entrance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school degree, and one year of customer service or related experience
- Bilingual proficiency in English/Arabic. Excellent speaking/reading/writing/listening abilities
- Computer literacy skills
- Proper phone etiquette
Skills & Experience
- Professionalism; able to present a positive image of VCUarts Qatar at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to interact with individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Punctuality and reliability; required to arrive on time and staff the reception desk for the full duration of the assigned work time
- Cooperative; work effectively and productively with all visitors and the university community
- Ability to comply with organizational policies and procedures
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCUarts Qatar