Annette received a Diplom Ingenieur of Interior Architecture and Furniture Design from the Academy of Fine Arts in Stuttgart, Germany (Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Kuenste Stuttgart).
Annette has lived and worked as an Interior Architect in Germany, Australia, Sri Lanka and Qatar, and was running her own Interior Design Studio in Sri Lanka, specializing in Residential and Hospitality Projects. She founded the Interior Design Program at the Academy of Design Colombo, Sri Lanka; held the position of Principal and Interior Design Faculty Head for several years and taught foundation level Drawing and Interior Design Studio classes. At VCUQatar she is programing and coordinating all community and outreach classes for High Schools, the General Public, and Special Needs Communities.
In addition to her work related to Outreach and Community at VCUQatar, Annette is an active painter, who regularly exhibits her work with International Artists Doha and has also shown work in the VCUQatar Faculty and Staff Exhibition and the Annual Friends of the Qatar Fine Arts Society Exhibition. Her research interest is focused on the continuous change of cultural influence and its impact on art work for artists living between cultures.
Her research interest is focused on the continuous change of cultural influence and its impact on art work for artists living between cultures.
Collage and Painting Community Class for Qatar Foundation Community Services September 2011
Color Theory and Visual Concepts Community Classes at VCUQatar Spring 2011
Interior Design Studio at Academy of Design, Colombo, Sri Lanka, October 2002 - December 2006
- September 2015 - Group Exhibition - "From Qatar" - Qatar Fine Arts Society
- March 2015 - Group Exhibition - 5th IAD Exhibition - International Artists Doha, Spring 2015 Exhibition
- December 2014 - Solo Exhibition at Fashion workshop "Modewerkstatt Susanne Landis" in Stuttgart, Germany
- May 2014 - General Exhibition Members of Qatar Fine Arts Association, "From Qatar", at Katara Building 13
- April 2014 - 4th Annual Group Exhibition with International Artists Doha at Al Qool Hall in the Qatar Foundation Recreation Center - “Between Cultures - Masks Series”
- April 2014 - VCUQatar Faculty and Staff Exhibition at Msheireb Enrichment Center
- December 2013 - Group Exhibition "Mini Art" in Katara - Visual Arts Center - Gallery 2
- May 2013 - 3rd Annual Group Exhibition with International Artists Doha at Al Qool Hall in the Qatar Foundation Recreation Center - “Between Cultures - Masks Series”
- September 2012 - Participated in Qatar Fine Arts Society Workshop Exhibition, Katara – QFAS Building
- May 2012 - Participated in the annual Friends of Qatar Fine Arts Society Exhibition, Katara – QFAS Building
- March 2012 - 2nd Annual Group Exhibition with International Artists Doha at Al Qool Hall in the Qatar Foundation Recreation Center - “Transition Series”
- December 2011 - VCUQatar Faculty and Staff Exhibition in the VCUQatar Gallery
- June 2011 - 1st Annual Group Exhibition with International Artists Doha at Qipco Clubhouse “A Sunny day in Jaffna and Doha
- June 1997 - Group Exhibition Art Class of Doha Aluvihare-Tomulic, Lionel Wendt Gallery, Colombo