Computers, Photocopiers, Printers and Scanners
The Art & Design Library has a room for printing, photocopying and scanning and 4 public service Mac computers.
3 of the computers host the productivity software available to students and faculty, and they are networked to the printing and copying equipment described below.1 Mac computer is configured with the settings that allow non VCUQ members for browsing.
- 1 large high speed large format color photocopy and scanning machine
- 3 high speed printers(A4size-2 printers, and A3size-1 printer)
- Flash drives and headphones may be checked out from the Information Desk
- Camera and physical computing equipment is available from Innovative Media Studio
VCUQ members must login with their Computer Login to access the library printers. Assistance is available from the library service desk.
- Internet workstations cannot be used for any fraudulent purpose,including any activities prohibited under Qatari Law.Users may not display materials considered unlawful.
- Patrons may use a personal external drive to store their files.Work must be saved and backed up to an external drive because the hard drives are scrubbed at the end of each day.
- Printing and scanning is self-service.Library staff are not permitted to assist.
- Patrons assume all liability for copyright and /or Fair use infringement.
- All print jobs must be completed and picked up before the library closes for the day.
- The library is not responsible for damage to disks,any loss of data,or damage or liability that may occur from a patron's use of the library's computers.
- Library staff cannot assist in the recovery of data.
- Patrons who wish to hear audio content on the library computers must use headphones.
- Patrons may not load programs onto the library computer hard drives or run unapproved softwares.
- Community users are permitted to use the library's catalog or to browse the internet.During peak periods the library reserves the right to restrict the computer services to VCUQ members only.
- Users assume responsibility for logging out of all programs at the end of a computer session.
- Due to licensing restrictions,the library's proprietary reources may not be accessed by community users.
- The library strongly encourages parents or legal guardians to supervise their children's Internet use and to provide them with guidelines about acceptable use.
- Children may not be left unsupervised in the library.
- The library is not responsible for any personal belongings left unattended.