ntroductory Interior Design Studio I & II
Master of Architecture, 2012
Architectural Association, School of Architecture, London,
UK Emergent Technologies and Design Program, River Ecology-Urban Connection Thesis
Bachelor of Architecture, 2004
American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE
KEO International, Arab Engineering Bureau
Photographs Exhibited Dubai Art Center
Urban Planning & Development Authority, Qatar - In Progress, Certified Green Professional – QA1111-001218
Qatari Construction Law & Practice, 2013
LEED Practices, 2009
Mohammad Suleiman is an Assistant Professor, VCUarts Qatar.
Assistant Professor, VCUarts Qatar, Doha, Qatar – 2014 to Present
Teaching Introductory Interior Design Studio I & II (IDES201 & IDES202) to sophomores. Responsibilities include teaching studio, preparing project briefs, conducting seminars, preparing and presenting lectures, attending as guest critic to different juries and presentations, cooperating and collaborating with VCUQ faculty to promote the interior design program.
Previous Professional Experience
Development Executive ▪ MANATEQ – Economic Zones Company, Doha, Qatar - 2014 to Present
Part of team representing client on all master plan projects for Economic Zones with multiple consultants and parties. Employ expertise to review submissions and provide design feedback- involved in project management and coordination for various aspects in company and investor engagement.
- Successfully represent company in stakeholder engagement.
- Carry out research and analysis on different disciplines and scopes within projects.
- Help implement and set up various information and management systems.
Architect ▪ Marbu Contracting Company, Doha, Qatar – 2009 to 2010
Met challenging objectives as design coordinator and architectural consultant for design-build projects. Wrote project briefs. Employed expertise to review working drawings and details supporting construction. Facilitated vendor meetings.
- Exceeded client’s expectations by delivering an exceptionally well-designed headquarter building.
- Represented client on private development projects in the design stage.
- Interacted with project architects and designers while ensuring that superior building designs and LEED compliance were delivered to client.
Architect ▪ MZ & Partners, Doha, Qatar / Abu Dhabi, UAE – 2005 to 2008
Involved in all aspects of initial concept of projects widely varying in scale and function. Executed conceptual, schematic, and detail design, graphical presentations, 3D modeling and rendering, space planning, interior design, and landscape design. Coordinated workshops for lighting, façade, structure, fire safety, and landscaping.
- Designated lead with oversight/coordination of architects, graphic technicians, and draughtsman.
- Facilitated workshops with suppliers and structural engineers.
- Played a role in winning seven major commissions for the office.
- Expedited the process of obtaining municipal permits for Al Dar HQ project.
- Assisted in set up of Abu Dhabi office.