Portal Curator (Shared_Studios)
About the Position
Portal Curators are the glue that hold our global network together. They staff each Portal, engage local communities, program special events, and occasionally provide language interpretation, too. The Portal Curator is the public face of our community. We are looking for a curator to work at our Portal location in Doha, Qatar as part of our partnership with Doha Debates.
- Operate the Portal, including opening and closing the Portal, mastering technology and troubleshooting, ushering individuals into and out of the Portal every 20 or 30 minutes, talking to passersby, and explaining the Portals initiative
- Program Dialogues & Events, including coordinating and scheduling special events, artist collaborations, classroom visits, and performances, and overseeing backend scheduling software
- Outreach in the Community, including emailing and calling local organizations, liaising with press organizations, coordinating videographers and social media elements, and occasionally shooting iPhone video. Those with wide networks in the Doha area will be preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage people from diverse backgrounds
- Attention to detail, particularly around scheduling and logistics
- Responsible, results-oriented, and self-motivated
- Flexible schedule since we work across various time zones: sometimes the Portal will be open very early in the day or late in the evening
- Comfort with computers, VOIP systems, and social media appreciated
How to apply: email Career Services Coordinator, Noor H. AlOraidi, email@example.com to advise you on the application process.