Admissions Counselor (non-benefited)
VCUarts Qatar invites collaboration-minded applicants for the position of Admissions Counselor. This position serves in the Office of Recruitment & Admissions within the Division of Student Affairs and is responsible for front-line interactions with prospective students, families, and guests. This includes participation in student recruiting, marketing, and communications (phone calls, emails, virtual chat, social media), and navigating applicants through the application process for undergraduate and graduate studies. Its vision is to attract, enroll and retain high-quality students who will contribute to a highly skilled 21st-century workforce. Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions and senior members of the admissions team, this position will interact with the front-line day-to-day activities of the department.
This is a non-sponsored hourly position with no benefits. Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently live in Qatar.
Reports to: Director of Recruitment and Admissions
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Works collaboratively as a team to promote VCUarts Qatar locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Utilizes platforms such as Slate, Banner, Common App, Slide Room, and other admissions technologies.
- Advises applicants on all aspects of the admissions process including portfolio development and standardized testing.
- Develops and maintains relationships with schools and counselors locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Conducts document collection for the admission of first-year, transfer, and graduate students.
- Assists in the coordination of all VCUarts Qatar and QF recruitment events and represents VCUQatar at these events as assigned.
- Responds to queries from interested applicants in person and via email.
- Conducts a tour of VCUarts Qatar and residence halls for interested applicants.
- Enters applicant data into the student information system and evaluates the academic credentials of VCUQatar BFA and BA candidates.
- Maintains and updates VCUarts Qatar student recruitment calendar.
- Performs duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Local travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related area of expertise
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Willingness to work within a cooperative structure, be flexible, and be able to handle last-minute tasks.
- Appreciation for the visual arts and experience with responsibilities in higher education recruitment and admissions at the undergraduate level
- Understanding of office protocols and university promotion
- basic information on student information systems (Banner, Slate, Common App, Slide Room)
- Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply; Arabic Proficiency is preferred
Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Punctuality and reliability are essential.
- Positively responsive to continual change.
- Ability to comply with university procedures.
- Able to work well with students, faculty, and staff at all times.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.