Guest Relations Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities & Safety, the Guest Relations Coordinator will manage the reception area, provide assistance and guidance to the university's guests, and will provide administrative assistance in the Facilities and Safety Department.
Generous benefits are available.
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Safety
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Manages all reception and welcoming services at the main entrance desk, as well as, provides information to callers from the university mainline and/or connects them to the appropriate department as necessary; fluently in both Arabic and English, and Interacts with all members of the community and the public as a brand ambassador for the university; in a pleasant, courteous, and respectful way at all times.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the university, including but not limited to organizational structure, building geography, parking procedures, security procedures, and upcoming public events calendar, creates and maintains the guest services handbook; a guideline to university guest relations services, and operates the out-of-hours messaging systems in collaboration with IT; by updating both Arabic and English messages as needed.
- Works closely with QF Security to ensure the main entrance to the building is well organized and a collaborative environment exists between security and reception for those entering the facility, as well as, coordinates the QF contracted coffee/tea staff and pantry needs with the Building Manager.
- Takes part in the VCUarts Qatar Fire Warden program; familiar with how to call for help from QF Security should an emergency arise at the main entrance, and manages the facilities and safety department intranet site, works with department members to keep up-to-date information available to VCUarts Qatar employees. Supports departmental policy management as requested.
- Acts as the backup for the department safety generalist. Maintain proficiency in duties under the safety generalist position, and performs other duties as required
- High school degree.
- Bilingual proficiency in English/Arabic.
- Excellent speaking/reading/writing/listening abilities.
- One year of customer service or related experience.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Proper phone etiquette.
Skills & Experience
- Professionalism; able to present a positive image of VCUarts Qatar at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to interact with individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Punctuality and reliability; required to arrive on time and staff the reception desk for the full duration of the assigned work time.
- Cooperative; work effectively and productively with all visitors and the university community.
- Ability to comply with organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.