Innovative Media Studio Coordinator
The Innovative Media Studio is a creative studio dedicated to crafting digital innovation. The Innovative Media Studio (IMS) Coordinator will provide the expertise to outreach, explore, develop, and promote the use of all IMS facilities, as well as support interdisciplinary design research and theoretical investigations across VCUarts Qatar and Qatar Foundation platforms. The position reports to the Head of Innovative Media Studios, under the general direction of VCUarts Qatar Libraries.
Reports to: Head of Innovative Media Studios
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Supports the Head of Innovative Media Studios in the development and maintenance of the studios and the implementation of plans and policies that will support design investigation, research, and project development. Media forms include, but are not limited to video, sound, media production, animation, interactive experiences, prototyping, 3D simulation and gaming.
- Provides technical support for the studios and media equipment. Support may be in the form of desk hours, troubleshooting, 1-1 demonstrations, and workshops, and provides information and instructional support to students and faculty who use the library; conduct tours, and represents IMS in the absence of the Head of IMS.
- Performs ongoing maintenance and organization of the IMS equipment inventory and studio-based resources, as well as, coordinates with appropriate VCUarts Qatar staff to facilitate customs clearance and documentation of equipment and technology, and work with local vendors to source services, products, and equipment.
- Provided critical logistical support for educational and outreach-based projects that support the mission of the Studios; projects may include, but are not limited to, exhibitions and workshops.
- Oversees the daily operational aspects of the IMS including, but not limited to: circulation of camera equipment, resource procurement, online booking systems, statistical collection and analysis, activity reporting, and inventory control and maintenance, and oversees the physical space of the IMS, including the photo studio; may involve coordination with VCUQ Facilities department.
- Liaisons with IT to manage software updates and maintenance, as well as IMS website updates.
- Bchelor's degree in design/interactive media or demonstrable, relevant technical experience in photography and time-based media. Game design experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated research skills to stay abreast of the latest developments in equipment, hardware and software;
- A thorough understanding and ability to provide tutoring with various softwares and applications. Softwares may include, but are not limited to, those in support of video, photography, sound, animation, VR, and gaming.
- Ability to quickly pick up and learn new software or hardware skills;
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, and proactive attitude, when working with faculty, students, staff, vendors, and service providers.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work within a cooperative, team-based structure.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.