International Education & Student Programming Officer
Under the supervision of the Director of Student Life and Engagement (SLE), the International Education & Student Programming Officer is responsible for establishing and creating initiatives that develop student leadership skills and a culture of engagement and community understanding for students. The role requires skills related to program creation that educate and facilitate student development. The Student Programming and International Education Officer will also serve as a focal point for student programming, international experiences, service, and community-based learning.
Generous benefits are available.
Reports to: Director of Student Life and Engagement
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Manages various student programs including but not limited to Student Exchange, Study Abroad, International and Resident Students, and Home campus engagement, as well as, manages logistic requirements with the Director of Student Life and Engagement for International and Resident Students and liaises and coordinates with HR for all student travel and oversee housing for VCUarts Qatar Students
- Collaborates with VCU SOA's main campus to create strategies and programs that facilitate the growth and success of the international education office, and Creates and manages educational and developmental programs that include topics of Diversity and Intercultural Communication, Civic Engagement, and Student Mentorship, and that have clear learning outcomes that align with the mission and vision of the Student Affairs division.
- Creates and manages student programs that offer educational and service-learning components to community-based service and local & international volunteering that is especially focused on welfare and socially impactful learning outcomes, as well as, works with the Director of SLE to implement and facilitates educational and developmental initiatives that foster student leadership and professionalism.
- Collaborates with VCUarts Qatar’s Career Advising office to create development programs and events that support the work of career advising, as well as, manages the VCUarts Qatar Student Athletics Program and creates educational and developmental opportunities for student-athletes.
- Serves as an SLE liaison to at least 2 academic programs, offering a bridge to the Student Life and Engagement Office and providing student development support to those departments, and collaborates with Qatar Foundation and other partner universities to create shared activities and programs that enhance the sense of belonging to a larger community and promote multiversity outcomes.
- Coordinates an innovative marketing/social media promotion strategy that will involve all students in a range of student programs, and assists with commencement and awards-related activities, and serves as an advisor to student clubs, as and when needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in student affairs and social engagement.
- Bi-lingual and bi-cultural experience is highly desired.
- Positive attitude and desire to be in a customer service-oriented environment.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, and work to tight deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy, work ethic, and a diligent worker.
- Willingness to work within a cooperative structure, working in a team.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCUarts Qatar.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.