Manager of Admissions
VCUarts Qatar seeks a Manager of Admissions reports to the Director of Admissions, and is responsible for providing support in all aspects of the admissions process, and contributing directly to the strategic enrollment goals of VCUarts Qatar. The successful applicant will have the primary responsibility of representing VCUarts Qatar at recruitment fairs, high school visits, on-campus events, and conferences. This position will also assist the Director in the implementation of new application processes.
Reports to: Director of Recruitment & Admissions
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Promotes VCUarts Qatar through the development and provision of formal presentations and by participating in admissions roadshows, recruitment fairs, high school visits, and other admissions-related conferences locally and internationally to achieve recruitment goals as outlined in the strategic recruitment plan.
- Guides prospective students and their parents through the application process and builds relationships with high school counselors, both in Doha and internationally, to promote VCUarts Qatar and create pipelines in the application process.
- Responds to phone, email, and personal inquiries from students, parents, and counselors with the highest level of accuracy in the delivery of information about the University, admission requirements, and the application process.
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of a strategic recruitment plan that is in alignment with the VCUarts Qatar and University strategic plans and the goals of the Qatar Foundation as well as participates in the implementation of a new application process utilizing CommonApp, SlideRoom, Slate, and GradAdmit.
- Assists the Director in troubleshooting issues that arise with the new systems as well as collaborates with offices on the home campus, including international, undergraduate, and graduate Admissions in the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management, VCUarts Admissions, and the Transfer Center to ensure proper implementation of the new processes.
- Overseas the planning and implementation of special events, such as Open House, admissions workshops, and yield events and manages the social media presence of the admissions office.
- Develops and provides advice for the Student Ambassador program as well as collaborates with campus colleagues to ensure smooth transitions for accepted students before arrival on campus.
- Assists the Director with the development of, and data collection for, recruitment materials, including written and digital forms of communication and serves as department lead in the absence of the Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in education, management, or art and design, or equivalent professional experience preferred;
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in university admissions;
- A thorough understanding of international education systems, and credential evaluation;
- Strategic and analytical thinker, who exhibits engagement, creativity, problem-solving skills, and organizational skills and can organize and present ideas, materials, and concepts accurately and creatively;
- Familiarity with student information systems, admissions systems and customer relationship management productivity software required;
- Experience with Banner, CommonApp, SlideRoom, and Slate (or other CRM specific to admissions) preferred;
- Solid understanding of best practices in university recruitment and admissions;
- Fluency in English language;
Skills & Experience
- Experience in undergraduate admissions required;
- Experience in graduate admissions a plus;
- Solid experience in project management, database use and coordination, research analysis and evaluation in an educational setting;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential;
- Knowledge of recruitment trends in the MENA region a plus;
- Familiarity with the cultural context of MENA region and the ability to speak Arabic a plus;
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse student environment or commitment to do so as a member at VCUarts Qatar.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.