Manager of Admissions
VCUarts Qatar is seeking a Manager of Admissions. The successful applicant will report to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions, and will be responsible for providing support in all aspects of the admissions process, including contributing directly to VCUarts Qatar's strategic enrollment goals. The successful applicant will have the primary responsibility of representing VCUarts Qatar at recruitment fairs, high school visits, on-campus events, and conferences. This position will also assist the Director in the implementation of new applications processes.
Reports to: Director of Recruitment & Admissions
Major Activities & Essential Functions
The successful applicant will:
- Promote VCUarts Qatar through the development and provision of formal presentations, and by participating in admissions roadshows, recruitment fairs, high school visits, and other admissions-related conferences locally and internationally to achieve the recruitment goals as outlined in the strategic recruitment plan.
- Guide prospective students and their parents through the applications process.
- Will build relationships with high school counselors, both in Doha and internationally, promote VCUarts Qatar, and create pipelines in the application process.
- Respond to phone, email, and personal enquiries from students, parents, and counselors with the highest level of accuracy in the delivery of information about the University, its admission requirements, and the applications process.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of a strategic recruitment plan that is in alignment with VCUarts Qatar's and Virginia Commonwealth University's strategic plans, the goals of Qatar Foundation, as well as participate in the implementation of a new applications process that utilizes CommonApp, SlideRoom, Slate, and GradAdmit.
- Assist the Director of Recruitment and Admissions in troubleshooting issues that arise with the new systems, as well as collaborate with offices from home campus in Virginia, including international, undergraduate, and graduate Admissions in the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management, VCUarts Admissions, and the Transfer Center, to ensure proper implementation of the new processes.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of special events, such as the Open House, admissions workshops, and yield events, and will manage the department's social media presence.
- Develop and provide advice to the Student Ambassador program, and collaborate with campus colleagues to ensure smooth transitions for accepted students before their arrival on campus.
- Assist the Director of Recruitment and Admissions with the development of, and data collection for, recruitment materials, including written and digital forms of communication, and serve as the department lead in the absence of the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in education, management, or art and design, or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
- Three to five years of progressive experience in university admissions.
- A thorough understanding of international education systems, and credential evaluation.
- A strategic and analytical thinker, who exhibits engagement, creativity, problem-solving skills, and organizational skills and can organize and present ideas, materials, and concepts accurately and creatively.
- A familiarity with student information systems, admissions systems and customer relationship management productivity software is required.
- Experience with Banner, CommonApp, SlideRoom, and Slate (or other CRM specific to admissions) is preferred.
- A solid understanding of best practices in university recruitment and admissions.
- Fluency in the English language.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in undergraduate admissions is required.
- Experience in graduate admissions is a plus.
- Solid experience in project management, database use and coordination, research analysis and evaluation in an educational setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Knowledge of recruitment trends in the MENA region is a plus.
- Familiarity with the cultural context of MENA region and the ability to speak Arabic is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse student environment, or the commitment to do so as a member of VCUarts Qatar.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.