Printmaking Lab Assistant (Part-Time)
The Printmaking Lab Assistant is responsible for the operations of the lab functionalities and provides support to the activities of the students and instructors in the Department of Painting and Printmaking at VCU Arts Qatar. This position is part-time, The Lab Assistant will be expected to have a flexible schedule, and the ability to work on the weekends if needed. The Lab Assistant will work closely with Art faculty to ensure a smooth learning and teaching environment, in particular within the new COVID-19 regulations of health and safety.
The successful candidate will work approximately 16 hours a week.
This is a non-sponsored hourly position with no benefits. Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently live in Qatar. Preferences will be given to VCU alumni.
Reports to: Director of Painting & Printmaking
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Maintains labs, ensuring equipment is clean and working as well as maintains presses, printmaking materials, and chemicals.
- Ensures screens are cleaned and stored properly and performs routine maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Ensures that students use equipment accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Printmaking, or 2 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of printmaking studio practice traditional and contemporary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend assignments.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Superb communication and organizational skills.
- High level of accuracy and diligence.
- Willingness to work within a cooperative structure - working in a team.
- Patience, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
- Problem-solving attitude and leadership qualities.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.