Student Employment and Career Services Coordinator
This position will coordinate and facilitate all aspects of student employment & career services and will assist the Director of the department with daily responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Academic & Career Advising
Major Activities & Essential Functions
Working under the direction of and in collaboration with the Director of Academic & Career Advising, the Student Employment and Career Services Coordinator will be responsible for:
1- Oversees all aspects of the student employment & career services including, but not limited to:
- Manages student employment-related budgets, and implements financial schemes to administer the distribution of funds;
- Works with students’ supervisors on matters related to students employment• Creates and updates student employment job listings, as well as creates student employment contracts to link students to their positions;
- Sends confirmation emails to student employees and supervisors to confirm student employment and to submit the paperwork prior to starting work, and offers student employment-related meetings for students and supervisors• Processes timesheets and payment sheets at appropriate times;
- Communicates with VCUarts Qatar departments and QF Finance department to ensure the timely payment of student employees and to resolve any outstanding issues, as well as monitors and reports expenditures on monthly basis for multiple budget codes and categories;
- Reviews the department’s monthly budget report and monthly reconciliations, maintains a database of industry partners and potential employers and advertises their internships and job opportunities on the VCUarts Qatar webpage;
- Meets with Education City universities on weekly basis to organize the annual EC job fair and other industry talks or events to leverage professional opportunities and employers’ engagement on campus;
- Curates on the VCUQ website and keeps current a list of the available professional opportunities including internships, part-time and full-time jobs, open calls, residencies, etc. on a local, regional and international level;
- Updates & keeps current department CRM channels, including Instagram account, weekly opportunities, and the Opportunities website page;
- Advises students and/or alumni on matters related to Curriculum Vitae or resume building, cover letter writing, job search strategies, job interview practices, and outreach to employers and collaborates with the IT department on developing and modifying tools to facilitate student employment and/or career services;
- Determines and submits recommendations for student employment wage structure (academic vs. non-academic pay wage), and manages student employment job listing (post, edit, update...etc.);
- Reviews and approves student employment job descriptions, as well as provides training sessions on work professionalism & best practices and plans events for student employees;
- Manages student employment information including data input such as time sheets, confidentiality agreements, etc., and processes employment authorizations ensuring accurate completion and appropriate authorizations are obtained from university faculty/staff student supervisors;
- Collects, audits, and maintains necessary employment documents such as the VCU Code of ethics and VCU Confidentiality Agreement prior to student employment;
- Answers student employment-related questions, updates and maintains various means of communication with students, and reports monthly payment sheets to VCUarts Qatar's finance department;
- Presents to freshmen students on career advising matters in the Introductions to University type courses.
2- Assists the Director with external communications and outreach to potential employers and internship providers.
3- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Experience working with or managing a budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft office suites such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English. Arabic proficiency is preferred but not required.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty/staff, and external entities.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to be flexible in a changing work environment.
- Preferred demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.