Web Solution Architect
The Web Solution Architect is a key position in the Department of Technology Services at VCUQatar that will increase international awareness through excellence in innovative web presence. This position will work collaboratively with the Communications department for content creation and development to represent each department. The successful candidate must be an independent, self-motivated collaborator with a strategic and analytical approach to innovative and established web platforms, problem-solving, and excellence in client communications.
Generous benefits are available.
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Major Activities & Essential Functions
- Responsible for planning, designing, developing, testing, implementing, and administering interactive technologies and web applications, and analyzing the existing university websites for usability, performance issues, and SEO potential.
- Responsible for the university’s website and intranet; which includes planning, designing, and developing graphics, digital media, and interactive design, manipulating digital photographs/videos, and compliance with current and future standards.
- Designs and implements security measures to protect the university’s website and its users’ data, as well as designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it is in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client.
- Monitors questions received on the site, general site maintenance, and development of supplementary websites for university events, and the web programming and content; including editing and proofreading, and compliance with current and future web accessibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ year’s professional experience working in the web development field.
- Expert knowledge of the major professional graphic and web design software from Adobe.
- Experience designing Web sites to meet institutional requirements and federal accessibility standards and cross-browser compatibility; and experience with Ajax libraries such as JQuery is a plus.
- Experience in using digital SLR cameras & video cameras desirable, including re-purposing for multiple delivery media and Web animation.
- Demonstrated ability to convert large-scale print publications for web applications.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and experience developing web-based database applications preferred. Demonstrated ability to work on both Windows and Mac OSX platforms.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a university environment is a plus.
- Must have experience working with Expression Engine and WordPress.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated collaborator, with a strategic and analytical approach to innovative web development,
- Problem-solver, and excellent in client communications.
- A strong understanding of current developments in the profession is expected.
Apply for this job online
Review of applicants will begin immediately.