Coming Fall 2024, the Department of Kinetic Imaging will welcome students into the world of multimedia expression. Students will become masters of video, animation, and sound for the purpose of art-making, self-expression, and experimentation. The program is designed for students who want to study video art, sound design, and experimental two- and three-dimensional animation. Emphasis is placed on artistic uses of the media.
Some classes you might take in this major
- Video I–III
- Animation I–IV
- 3D Computer Animation I–II
- Sound Communication I–II
- Virtual Interactive Worlds
Upon completing this program, students will know how to do the following:
- Become immersed in the world of animation, video, and computer-generated sound and effects for the purpose of art-making, self-expression, and experimentation.
- Learn to create media art that is conceptually grounded and shows individual reflection and critical inquiry.
- Make strategic and critical choices of creative technology and media to support the conceptual intent of creative work.
- Demonstrate the ability to construct meaning, synthesize ideas, ask pertinent questions, and identify resources. Students will be able to successfully bring critical analysis and review to collaborative critique sessions.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of skill in the use of technology and tools for the production of video, animation, sound, and emerging media. This includes mastering a wide range of technology in regards to both equipment and software.
Work as a multimedia artist, video editor or director, 2D or 3D animator, game developer, virtual reality artist, UX/UI designer, storyboard artist, and sound and special effects engineer.